Full Stack Developer
Guild is a SaaS based database management solution that automates and simplifies the management of professional colleges and associations.
Guild is built on a LEMP stack, with a focus on Laravel for rapid development, and also makes use of several APIs for task automation such as Twilio, MailChimp, and Stripe.com for examples.
As a PHP Developer you will have proven track record of working on complex projects and be expected to lead by example when it comes to development best Practices. You will be involved in the full development cycle in the team of developers on often complex and challenging data migration projects. If you enjoy the mix of coding / architecting enterprise level solutions whilst growing and mentoring your team then this role is perfect for you!
- 3+ years of experience in Web development
- Experience with MVC PHP frameworks - Laravel (Required)
- Hands on knowledge of PHP (MVC, OOP), MYSQL
- Hands on knowledge of JSON/REST/XML/SOAP Web Services
- Hands on knowledge of JS, jQuery and any JS MVC framework (ie: AngularJS (Preferred) Node.js, Backbone.js, MeteorJS, etc).
- Hands on knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Agile product development environment.
- Mobile Applications Experience using PHP/Laravel, Swift, or C++
- Experience with IDE development tools, version control systems (GitHub, SVN, CVS) and debugging tools (Firebug, Charles).
- Knowledge of Automated Testing
Additionally, the desired candidate
- Has experience architecting and building Enterprise solutions.
- Has worked on large scale, multi-tenant deployments.
- Has worked with non-PHP frameworks such as Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of object oriented design principles.
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of functional programming principles.
- We are based in Bedford, NS
- Competitive compensation
- Referral bonuses
- We offer great working environment with normal working hours
- Few meetings, few distractions policy
- Fun and relaxed working environment with great work life balance
- Casual dress code